Living*Poetry Garden

A garden of thought, dedicated to redefining the human condition. Change your life, change the world. - Magic*Happens

My Photo
Name:
Location: Whidbey Island, WA

I'm a simple carpenter, after 20 years in the Alaskan Bush, i trust one*thing, Change is Inevitable. Check*Out my other blogs and please visit my web site. www.timeless-ink-press.com

Monday, August 08, 2005

? Paper or Plastic ?

That is the Question.

Identify yourself, as all eyes and ears are focused on the exterior you, standing at the head of the line at that split second everyone else's forward progress comes to a grinding halt.

Every decision you’ve ever made, every action you’ve ever taken will now be labeled, categorized, filed and boxed by complete strangers, who’s penetrating eyes and select opinions now hold your life in the balance of judgment.
Save a tree, choke a fish, the responsibility and weight of the planet, of civilization now sits upon your shoulders, with more bags piled and stuffed into you little bag nook at home than you’ll ever need for the rest of you life, the reality hits you smack in the face,

You don't need or want either.

But in a world where Image is everything, where packaging life is over the top, where your asked a thousand times a day to decide the course of global corporate affairs, it’s not that simple,

Is It ?
Parer or Plastic ?
Red or Blue ?

Or is it that simple ?

Dam I forgot my canvas bag !

So while handing over half a C-Note per bag full of goodies, as the guilt floods over me, deep down inside I’ve let the eye’s, opinions and thoughts of others control my actions.
I’ve given my power to “Them”, because your strange if you pull three canvas bags out of the one your carrying, you crazy to spend twenty bucks on bags one time, when you can continue to pay the cost over time,

FOREVER.

Your a little Odd if you actually take time to make a difference, and the Irony of it all is,

Isn't that what each of us really wants to do,

Make a Difference.

Paper - Plastic - or - Canvas ?

Lets change the Question, in order to change the solution.

©Bruce Larson*Moore
2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home